High Frequency Oscillator Design
INSTRUCTOR: Randy Rhea
FORMAT: 5 CD-ROMs
High Frequency Oscillator Design is a comprehensive tutorial on high-frequency oscillator design. Comprising 10 sessions and approximately 5 hours of instruction, the course presents the basic principles of oscillator design. A grasp of these principles will help you create better designs using the capabilities of CAD. Various CAD techniques including small-signal linear analysis, closed loop linear analysis and electromagnetic simulation of layout effects are illustrated. The course covers both the feedback and reflection-port methods of design and analysis.
If you would like further information on oscillator design, you might also be interested in Randy Rhea's book Oscillator Design and Computer Simulation.
The CD-ROM can be started from any PC that has Windows 98 (or higher). Note: Windows Media Player 9 is needed to run this course.
- Disk 1: The Basics of the Loop Method and Loop Amplifiers
- Disk 2: Loop Resonators and the One-Port Method
- Disk 3: Output Coupling and Nonlinear Behavior
- Disk 4: Oscillator Noise and VCOs
- Disk 5: Distributed and Piezoelectric Oscillators